By Muhammad Sarwar Khan, Iqrar Ahmad Khan, Debmalya Barh
Applied Molecular Biotechnology: the following iteration of Genetic Engineering explains state of the art advances within the speedily constructing quarter of molecular biotechnology, the expertise of the recent millennium. created from chapters authored through top specialists of their respective fields, this authoritative reference text:
- Highlights the newest omics-based instruments and methods utilized in sleek biotechnology
- Explains how numerous molecular biology applied sciences can be utilized to advance transgenic crops and the way these vegetation can meet transforming into meals and plant-derived product demands
- Discusses chloroplast gene expression platforms, mitochondrial omics, plant useful genomics, and whole-genome resequencing for crop improvement
- Explores plant–microbe and plant–insect interactions affecting plant safeguard and productivity
- Covers animal versions, pharmacogenomics, human tissue banking, and the molecular prognosis of ailments comparable to cervical melanoma, weight problems, and diabetes
- Examines the molecular facets of viral ailments, creation of business commodities utilizing viral biotechnology, and biotechnological makes use of of magnetic nanoparticles
- Describes using biotechnology within the nutrients, chemical, pharmaceutical, environmental conservation, and renewable power sectors
Applied Molecular Biotechnology: the following iteration of Genetic Engineering serves as a springboard for brand spanking new discoveries in molecular biology and its purposes. therefore, this ebook is a useful source for college kids and researchers of molecular biotechnology.
Read or Download Applied molecular biotechnology : the next generation of genetic engineering PDF
Similar biotechnology books
Even if there's a carrying on with excessive point of job in direct stories on protein basic constructions, the requirement for partial sequences has supplied an incredible impetus for the advance and dissemination of hugely delicate strategies. whereas protecting the nonetheless acceptable ambitious foundation of the unique quantity, this Revised version displays the shift in the direction of using extra refined computerized high-performance chromatographic strategies.
A complete evaluation of modern paintings on chromatin and non-histone proteins, this ebook arises from the interactions of a multidisciplinary staff of scientists inquisitive about the examine of acetylation. This quarter of study opens up new and interesting percentages for drug layout, and so the ultimate chapters within the booklet research the various power purposes within the remedy of assorted ailments.
Comprising of the 2 disciplines that supply this ebook its identify, this revised and up to date new version takes the information of gear and using typical medications as its significant educating time table. protecting a wide spectrum of themes, it is going to be compatible for higher point classes in utilized chemistry, phytochemistry, pharmacognosy, pharmaceutical chemistry and various fields of biotechnology.
Crystalline Bacterial telephone floor Proteins assembles details on the understanding of the incidence, constitution, chemistry, genetics, meeting, functionality, and alertness strength of S-layers. The chapters are designed to face self reliant of one another and supply an entire survey of the several subject matters in S-layer study.
- Biotechnology of Lactic Acid Bacteria: Novel Applications
- Biomolecular Information Processing: From Logic Systems to Smart Sensors and Actuators
- Using Biotechnology to Enhance Performance in Pulp and Paper Production Processes
- Molecular and Supramolecular Information Processing: From Molecular Switches to Logic Systems
Extra resources for Applied molecular biotechnology : the next generation of genetic engineering
Exhaustive literature is available for successful genetic transformation in a number of plant species through A. tumefaciens. Agrobacterium thus has a very high influence on modern agricultural biotechnology. Genetic transformation mediated by this bacterium is a major tool for obtaining many commercially important transgenic crops. The Ti plasmid harbored by wild-type A. tumefaciens strains range between 200 and 800 kb in size. The transfer DNA or T-DNA and virulence (vir) genes regions are essential features of the Ti plasmids and facilitate tumor induction in plant tissue.
Cotton, maize, canola, and soybean are the four commercial crops that have benefited the most from transgenic technologies. Herbicide tolerance and insect resistance are the two most exploited transgenic traits. Transgenic crops harbor these traits either individually or stacked together and farmers select them depending on the requirement. In India, Bt cotton cultivation started at 50,000 hectares with commercialization in 2002 and soon it became popular due to a sharp decline in pesticide requirement and monetary benefits.
The expression pattern of two different samples can be compared. The microarray fabrication can be performed either by in situ synthesis of nucleic acids or by exogenous deposition of prepared materials on solid substrates. , etc. Two commonly observed variants of DNA microarray is oligonucleotide and cDNA microarray. The commonly used methods of chip fabrication include contact printing, photolithography, pin and ring, piezoelectric printing, and bubble jet technology. Protein microarray Small quantities of diverse purified proteins are assorted on a solid support.